This course introduces the practices and the equipment used in drilling, looking to build a solid foundation level knowledge.
The material will take the participants through the step-by-step process of drilling a well and introduce at each stage the people and technology required to undertake the individual stages of well construction.
As no prior knowledge is assumed for this course, each concept is introduced in simple terms and then built upon to allow a comprehensive overview of the subject to be developed.
Course Level: Foundation
Duration: 08 days
Designed for :
- New to the drilling industry or looking for an understanding of the industry before you join
- A geoscientist or reservoir engineer looking to get better value from your interactions with the drilling team
- Someone who has a financial or logistics role associated with the drilling industry
- Working for a supplier to the drilling industry or are involved in sales to the drilling industry
How we build your confidence
- Practical demonstrations of all the key principles using models and simulations in the classroom
- Mixed, instructor-led delivery of theoretical content with blend of PowerPoint overview, whiteboard explanations of detail and class interactive exercises
- A narrative that runs through the course where each topic is inter-related and built on the previous learnings
- Extensive allowance for class-led questioning within the course delivery
For in-house courses a half day drilling rig visit may form part of the learning process.
The benefits from attending
By the end of the course you will feel confident in your understanding of:
- How to communicate easily with people involved with drilling and to understand the acronyms and jargon that drillers use in everyday operations
- How your role or your service fits into the drilling process
- A high level overview of the entire drilling process
- The equipment used during the drilling process and its sequence of use
- How wells are kept safe, and how we protect people and the environment whilst drilling
- Lectures 15
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 days
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes